At the end of the weekend we all sit around the dining room table for our Sunday night dinner. Most nights during the week are pretty hectic with the girls’ dance schedule and we often aren’t able to all eat together. Friday and Saturday nights we’re often with friends or having fun takeout while watching a movie.
But Sundays are different and have become sacred in our house — we all know that we’ll sit down together for dinner that night.
Here are a few things that I think makes our Sunday dinners special:
- We take care in how we set the table (Lily often gives this her artistic touch). We love using a little of our fancier china or crystal on these nights.
- Chris cooks and I clean, which is the opposite of what we do most nights. He puts a big effort into planning and cooking this meals — it’s become a great tradition and has helped him try new things in the kitchen. While we sometimes make our go-to dinners on this night, it’s more often something a little more special.
- This is a meal where we encourage the girls to try something new.
- We always toast to something that we’re grateful for in our lives.
- We talk about the week ahead, whether it’s something we’re excited or nervous about.
I love our Sunday family dinners. What does Sunday night like in your home?