Today, the expected highlight of the day, the Packers game, took a back seat to the fun game day lunch I made — Game Day Balsamic Sausages & Peppers.
When I’m looking for easy recipes, I really want them to be family-friendly too. This recipe checked those boxes and was a total hit! Not only was it perfect for a chilly football meal, it would work for any sports-related meal all year-round, indoors or out.
My good friend Ann Marie of Ann Marie on the Shore recently told me about a small women-owned business that’s introduced an even easier way to cook any meal using a slow cooker or pressure cooker: Zen of Slow Cooking. Now we’re all doing a fun giveaway over on Instagram! Check it out!
Zen of Slow Cooking help home cooks serve delicious, wholesome dinners to their families with simple recipes featuring their artisanal, certified non-GMO spice blends. You guys, these spice packet and recipes, combined with my Instant Pot, seriously take all the work away. It’s the perfect solution for weekday meals.
Balsamic Sausage & Peppers Recipe
Courtesy of Zen of Slow Cooking
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb Italian sausage (or veggie alternative)
- 1-1/2 cups (1 large) red onion, halved & sliced
- Tuscan blend
- 1 red bell pepper, halved and sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, halved and sliced
- 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- For serving: sausage rolls
The Pressure Cook Method:
1) Heat the oil on sauté function; brown sausages for 3 minutes.
2) Add onion to cooker; cook for another 2 minutes.
3) Stir in green and red pepper, Tuscan blend, tomato sauce & balsamic vinegar.
4) Secure the cooker lid, seal pressure valve; cook on Manual/Pressure for 12 minutes.
5) Vent with Quick Pressure Release. 6) Serve on sausage rolls.
Zen of Slow Cooking packets will definitely be on rotation here for weekday dinners and fun game day meals. Next up: Instant Pot Indian!